Toronto — Ware Malcomb announced its Toronto office recently celebrated its 10-year anniversary of providing design services in Canada. Specializing in architecture, planning, interior design, branding and civil engineering design for commercial real estate and corporate clients, Ware Malcomb’s Toronto office has completed over 700 projects in the greater Toronto area and beyond.
“We are so proud to celebrate this milestone on behalf of our employees and clients,” said Frank Di Roma, Principal of Ware Malcomb’s Toronto office. “Over the past decade, we have consistently expanded the breadth and scope of our services in the region, providing tremendous value for our clients and designing projects in several provinces across Canada.”
Ware Malcomb entered the Toronto, Ontario market in 2007 with the acquisition of local design firm WHA Architects Inc. This move marked the establishment of Ware Malcomb’s 11th office, and its first outside of the United States. The firm now has 22 offices across the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Panama.
Di Roma, a native of Vaughan, Ontario, joined Ware Malcomb’s Irvine, Calif.-based headquarters office in 2005. He later relocated from California back to Toronto to open the new office. Under his leadership, Ware Malcomb’s Toronto office has designed a wide array of projects in the areas of corporate and commercial office, industrial, retail, renovation, restaurant, mixed-use, and auto dealerships.
High-profile projects in Canada designed by Ware Malcomb in recent years include:
- the 5,852 square meter (63,000 square foot) Porsche corporate dealership and Canadian head office in Toronto;
- the award-winning 44,361 square meter (477,493 square foot) Prologis Tapscott Distribution Centre in Toronto;
- the award-winning 94,063 square meter (1,012,500 square foot) adidas Group Canada distribution center located in the County of Brant, Ontario;
- a 46,451 square meter (500,000 square foot) building for Acklands Grainger in Caledon, Ontario; and
- a 2,323 square meter (250,000 square foot) office and 9,290 square meter (100,000 square foot) building for developer HOOPP Realty located in Ottawa, Ontario.