The world is changing, and so are we!
Here at Civil + Structural Engineer we’re passionate about being the best source of news and information for the civil and structural engineering professions. While we started as two separate print publications many years ago, we’ve since moved into the digital age and combined the great content our readers love into one supercharged magazine and website.
Just as engineering technology has evolved, marketing and information delivery have evolved as well, allowing our advertisers to reach readers with dynamic and engaging new media. Our Sponsored Webcasts and White Papers are only the beginning. Big new ideas coming to Civil + Structural Engineer include Live Video content and Original Research to put a face and a voice to our industry.
This means we have added new options to our advertising menu, brand new fresh content, and expanded social media presence, new capabilities and an expanded staff, all dedicated to helping you reach our audience in the best way possible.
Let us help you help the engineering industry!
|Ad Space||Location||Ad Size||1 Month||Rotation|
|Homepage Site Sponsor||Homepage Background – Desktop only||1903x1030px||$4,000||Exclusive|
|Leaderboard||Top of Page – Global Navigation||728x90px||$2,500||Up to 3x|
|Leaderboard Above Footer||Homepage Only||728x90px||$2,000||Exclusive|
|Skyscraper||Global Sidebar with exception of Homepage||300x600px||$1,500||Up to 2x|
|Medium Rectangle||Sidebar||300x250px||$1,200||Up to 2x|
|Leaderboard After Post||Bottom of Post Pages||728x90px||$1,200||Up to 2x|
|Featured Video||Global Footer||300x200px||$1,200||No Rotation|
|eNews Leaderboard Ad||Top of email – Above Civil + Structural Engineer logo||728x90px||$2,500||No Rotation|
|eNews Leaderboard Ad||Middle of Content Section||728x90px||$2,000||No Rotation|
|eNews Advertorial||Top Post of Content Section||See Spec Sheet||$3,000||Exclusive|
|eNews Featured Video||Middle of Content Section||300x200px||$1,200||Exclusive|
Acceptable files are JPG, GIF, or animated GIF. All images must be web-ready at a resolution of 72 dpi.
Send Materials to Anna Finley
Design Services Available
|Spread||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing|
|Junior Spread||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing|
|2/3 Page (vertical)||$3,400||$3,200||$3,000|
|1/2 Page (vertical, horizontal, or island)||$3,100||$2,800||$2,500|
|1/3 Page (vertical, square, or horizontal)||$2,000||$1,800||$1,500|
|Inside Front Cover||$3,900||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing|
|Inside Back Cover||$3,800||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing|
|Back Cover||$4,000||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing|
|Center Spread||$5,000||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing|
Build full-pages and spreads with a .50” margin on all sides and a .125” bleed. Do not include trim marks.
Fractional ads must be the exact size as the dimensions listed. No trim marks.
A high-res, print-ready PDF with the fonts embedded is the first preference.
Back cover ads require a postage knockout at the top.
All Ads must be print-ready at a resolution of 300 dpi.
Send Materials to Anna Finley
Design Services Available
One of the best ways to promote your brand is through the Civil + Structural Engineer webcast series! Not only do engineering professionals view these to enhance their knowledge on projects and products, but they also attend these presentations to fulfill their professional development hours (PDH) or continuing education units (CEU) each year in order to maintain and renew their P.E. license. Our editorial team will help guide you and your speakers on content direction to ensure an educational presentation is delivered. Only one sponsor is permitted per webcast.
You will be provided with a clear and defined training schedule (due dates for remaining materials, scheduled training and run-throughs, etc.) for planning purposes.
Civil + Structural Engineer is registered with the AIA and is committed to developing quality learning activities in accordance with CES criteria.
Elements of a webcast:
- 60-minute educational presentation including…
- Q&A session
- Two to three presenters and bios
- Poll questions
- Branding on console and in the PPT
- Back-end support
- Registration page
- AIA guideline approval
- 3 email blasts promoting the live event
- Full page color ad in magazine
- Banner on website
- E-news banner ads
- Confirmation, Reminder, and Follow-up emails
- Certificate of Completion for the live event
- Archive located at
- for one year after the event
- Follow-up Q&A posted online with the archive
- Automated quiz and certificate of completion for the archived event
- Full attendee/lead reports
Webcast sponsors are expected to submit the following items:
- Corporate logo
- Presentation title, description (1-2 paragraphs), and 4 Learning Objectives
- Speaker contact information and headshots
- PowerPoint presentation (using our Webcast Series template)
- Quiz questions and answer key
- Poll questions (if applicable)
- Videos (if applicable)
- URL to hosted video or
- Video file
- Hi-res images for marketing
- 300dpi images for print
- preferred dimensions are:
- 750px width x 500px height
- 1400px width x 600px height
Civil + Structural Engineer will execute marketing and promotions for the webcast to encourage maximum attendance. We will create the “call-to-action” advertising materials and distribute the promotions to our audience. Our promotions will begin four weeks before the scheduled live webcast date; however, the planning and preparation will start earlier. Your branding appears on the promotions, during the live event, and in the archived webcast.
Marketing activities include the following:
- One full-page print ad in CE News (may be combined with other webcast promotions)
- Email blasts sent to a targeted list from our database of more than 15,000 individuals (may be combined with other webcast promotions)
- Banners on website and eNewsletter
- Confirmation email to registrants
- 24-hour reminder email to registrants
- 2-hour reminder email to registrants
Channels organize content from the following topics across our entire network.
- Continuing Education
- Management Files
- Exclusive sidebar content on category page and all posts with primary category.
- Your logo linked to your page in first position of sidebar.
- Place up to 2 medium rectangles (300x250px) and a Video Block in sidebar.
- Social media shares
- Name of company appears at top of page in the channel section of the printed magazine. Linked to page in digital version.
- 1-2 page lead article in channel section of printed magazine.
Become an E-newsletter Takeover Sponsor and receive these benefits:
Have exclusive advertising spots on the newsletter email, which includes:
- advertorial & image
- and video block.
In addition to owning all of the ad spaces and assuming you have sufficient amount, all the articles/stories will be about your brand. If we struggle to fill the newsletter with enough content of yours, we will fill it with non competing stories per our editor.
This next part is the best part.
After we send out this e-newsletter to our current subscription list of 46,000, we will give you the list of people who clicked anywhere on the e-newsletter. Whether it be an ad, an image, the video or a story. If someone clicks, we can track their email, name and address and we will give you these as your new leads. Talk about a targeted list. With this list you can send a follow up email, you can send promotional materials, e-blasts, etc…the list is yours, so do as you please!
Consider this the investment that immediately gives back.
Call today for 2018 availability and pricing.
Do you need your whitepaper hosted?
Do you need a whitepaper written about a recent project?
We have a team of well-seasoned technical writers who can do a white paper, case study, or multi-media presentation specifically tailored to your needs.
We can also help you distribute this white paper or case to our extensive list of engineers and specifiers working in both the private and public sectors.
This product could be useful for your marketing efforts for years to come!
You want to be famous?
We can get you on the cover of Civil + Structural Engineer AND write a full feature article on you and your firm.
- Cover photo, headline and feature
- 4-6 page editorial with professional photography
- Digital feature placement
- Social and direct marketing
- Can increase distribution from 10,500 up to 26,000
- 30 Days in print
- Evergreen online
- Approximately 60 days prep to launch for best results
Do you need research?
Zweig Group’s full research team is available for any project our advertisers and sponsors need. We do original research on buyers, specifiers, customers and product or service users.
Talk with our advertising representatives for more information.
Do you need your webinars to stand out?
Do you need to market a recent project?
Zweig Group is pleased to be able to o er custom video for our clients! Nothing catches the eye more than moving pictures! Standing out and attracting attention is the name of the game. Custom videos increase engagement with your brand by making an immediate personal connection between you and your audience. In-house use of video for education and informational purposes is also important. Stay on the cutting edge with professional production that can come TO YOU!
- Branded videos about your company
- Videos for your website and social media
- High-quality produced educational webinars
- Portfolio reels
- Video interviews
- Special announcements
- Project completion highlight
- New project announcement
Anything at all that requires video and audio production to help you achieve your goals, we can help! From beginning with pre-production planning and following all the way through with a final, stellar professional product.