Washington, D.C. — The Urban Waters Learning Network, a program run by Groundwork USA and River Network with EPA funding, is hosting the webinar “Tools for Creating Place Based Engagement: Lessons from ‘Reviving Place in the Onondaga Lake Watershed.’” The webinar will be held on Monday, March 27, from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
Join community planners from the Onondaga Environmental Institute and learn about outreach tools and strategies to raise awareness and connect communities to their watershed. Some of these strategies and tools include:
- Working with a wide array of partners including cultural and historical organizations, community centers, indigenous leaders and academia
- Working with community based professional artists to create community value maps
- Piloting a place-based curriculum with a local teacher
- Providing opportunities for intergenerational learning
- Creating artistic products such as posters and calendars that engender community pride and magnify the impact.