The first part of this webinar discussed the functions of a Turf Reinforcement Mat (TRM), the importance of hydraulic testing, and the critical need to validate TRM performance in various hydraulic scenarios prior to use. The second part of this webinar will focus on the remaining considerations for designing with TRMs, such as appropriate applications, material durability requirements, proper installation and maintenance, and erosion and superficial slope stability analyses.
Objectives of Webinar:
- To recognize what applications are appropriate for the use of TRMs
- To gain an understanding of the need for strength and durability of TRMs
- To become familiar with the proper site preparation and installation procedures for TRMs
- To learn how to properly analyze the erosion potential within an open channel
- To understand the need for geotechnical evaluation of surficial slope stability on steepened slopes