SAN DIEGO — Created in association with Esri and the Society for Conservation GIS (SCGIS) to bring special recognition to those involved in conservation initiatives, the International Conservation Mapping Competition is open to all nonprofit conservation groups and the individuals who support them. A total of $10,000 in prize money will be awarded in the following categories:
- Grand Prize: Best exemplification of conservation mapping
- Best Traditional Cartography: Best design and art in a static map (hard copy or online)
- Best Interactive Web Map: Best design and usability in an interactive web map
- Best Use of Science: Best design and impact in presenting challenging scientific concepts
- Best Societal Impact: Most compelling impact on society
- Best Innovation: Most creative use of mapping tools to communicate a conservation message
Winners will be announced in the summer 2011 issue of Conservation Magazine.
Exhibition plans for accepted maps include a featured display with SCGIS and the Society for Conservation Biology at the Esri International User Conference, July 11–15, 2011, in San Diego.
Details and Deadlines
•Entries must be created using Esri GIS as a primary tool.
•An essay describing your map is required.
•The deadline to receive entries is 11:59 p.m. (PST) March 15, 2011.
Contest details and entry form are available at www.esri.com/industries/landing-pages/conservation/index.html.