The Terracon Foundation is pleased to announce the award of $107,283 in grants and scholarships. The Terracon Foundation was established as the community investment arm of Terracon with a goal to reach out and become a real part of the lives of company employees and the communities where they live and work.
“We are pleased to award grants to a diverse group of community organizations, and to a number of universities in order to provide students with scholarships, research opportunities, and professional relationships to further their educations,” said Laura Campa, P.E., chair of the Terracon Foundation and manager of the Baton Rouge, La., office. “Each grant was championed by a Terracon employee who is actively involved in the recipient organization or university.”
As part of an ongoing effort to support higher education, the Terracon Foundation presents university grants for scholarships, fellowships, and programs in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
The Terracon Foundation presented a total of $60,500 to 12 universities:
- California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Colorado State University
- Columbus State University
- Mercer University
- Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Texas A&M University-San Antonio
- University of Arizona: Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health
- University of Central Florida
- University of Illinois
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
The Terracon Foundation has awarded $46,783 in community grants to 17 nonprofit organizations:
- American Village Citizenship Trust, Montevallo, Ala.
- Southern Environmental Center at Birmingham-Southern College, Birmingham, Ala.
- Southern Arizona Research, Science and Engineering Foundation, Tucson, Ariz.
- The Saline/Perry County Foster Parents Association, Benton, Ark.
- Engineers Without Borders (EWB) Puget Sound Professional Chapter, Denver
- Coastal Empire Habitat for Humanity, Savannah, Ga.
- The Grand Opera House, Macon, Ga.
- Georgia MATHCOUNTS Foundation, Atlanta
- His Hands Free Clinic, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute, Des Moines, Iowa
- Meals from the Heartland, West Des Moines, Iowa
- The New Bohemian Innovation Collaborative (NewBoCo), Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Kansas City, Mo.
- Phoenix Family Housing, Kansas City, Mo.
- Rightfully Sewn, Kansas City, Mo.
- Community Culinary School of Charlotte, N.C.
- Boy Scouts of America Old North State Council #070, Greensboro, N.C.
For more information about the Terracon Foundation, visit terracon.com/foundation.
Terracon is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm with more than 5,000 employees providing environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services from more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon ranks 22nd on Engineering News-Record’s 2020 list of Top 500 Design Firms. For additional information about Terracon, visit terracon.com.