Interested in transitioning your business to include building information modeling (BIM), taking your current technology to the next level, or curious how other firms are making the change? ZweigWhite, in association with Structural Engineer, is pleased to offer a non-partisan, one-day seminar—scheduled for Wed., Oct. 1, 2008, in Atlanta in conjunction with the Structural Engineers’ Buildings Conference & Expo—to provide valuable insight and answer all your questions about BIM technology.
This timely seminar will focus on how structural engineers can benefit from this emerging technology by reviewing the BIM concept, discussing how BIM will affect your business, evaluating current BIM technology including testimonials from existing users, exploring critical issues for best business practices in BIM technology, discussing the current maturity level of BIM, reviewing the state of the industry as it relates to adoption rates, discussing the technical implementation process, and exploring legal issues and risks involved with BIM.
The seminar moderator is Charles H. Thornton, Ph.D., P.E., chairman & CEO, Charles H. Thornton & Company, LLC and founding principal, Thornton Tomasetti. Seminar faculty include the following:
- Brian J. Donnell, Esq., partner, Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner LLP;
- Charles Eastman, professor in the Colleges of Architecture and Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology;
- Erleen Hatfield, P.E., principal, Thornton Tomasetti;
- Will F. Ikerd, II, P.E., CWI, director, Advanced Building Design, INTERTECH Design, Inc.;
- James G. Jacobi, P.E., senior principal & CIO, Walter P Moore & Associates, Inc.;
- Alexandra Koepl, P.E., Korda/Nemeth Engineering;
- R. Wayne Muir, president, Structural Consultants Inc.;
- Marcello Sgambelluri, S.E., BIM manager/project manager, John A. Martin & Associates;
- Samuel Sprouse, BIM manager, Satterfiled & Pontikes Construction;
- Kurt D. Swenson, Ph.D., P.E., president, KSI/Structural Engineers;
- Steven Wilkerson, associate, Haynes Whaley Associates; and
- Brian Quinn, P.E., president, SE Solutions, LLC.
Make plans now to join other industry leaders on Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2008, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. To learn more visit www.sebuildings.com or call 800-466-6275.