DENVER — The International Erosion Control Association (IECA) is calling for submissions for Environmental Connection 2013, the annual conference and expo of IECA. The 2013 conference will be held in San Diego, Feb. 10-13.
For its 2013 conference, IECA has released a new, more streamlined submissions process and revised its traditional eight technology sections into four Educational Tracks. The four tracks are Erosion & Sediment Control, Stormwater Management, MS4 Management, and Surface Water Restoration.
This year, IECA is focusing on the relevant issues and challenges facing erosion control and stormwater quality management professionals. Recommended hot topics for Environmental Connection 2013 include:
• LID (Low Impact Development) – New & Effective Processes;
• Post-Construction Sustainability;
• New Federal CGP – Requirements & Revisions;
• Effluent Limitation Guidelines – Impacts & Opportunities;
• Stormwater Management – New & Relevant Issues;
• Turbidity Control Using Passive Polymer Applications & Systems;
• Vegetation & Soil Issues;
• Practices That Impact SWPPP Management;
• Stream & Shoreline Stabilization
The deadline to submit an abstract is May 31, 2012. For more information about the revised submittal process, visit www.ieca.org/submissions.