WASHINGTON D.C. — After being active in the area for many years, with significant growth during the last five years, Smith Seckman Reid Inc. (SSR) opened a Washington, D.C., office. The office will be led by Michael Preece, P.E., PSP, CxA, security engineering commissioning specialist.
SSR’s notable work in the area includes:
• Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital in Newport News, Va.
• Riverside Doctor’s Hospital of Williamsburg
• Kaiser Permanente Medical Centers in the greater D.C. area, including Gaithersburg Medical Center in Gaithersburg, Md.; Largo Medical Center in Upper Marlboro, Md.; South Baltimore Medical Center in Baltimore, Md.; and Tyson’s Corner Medical Center in McLean, Va.
• Marine Corp. Base Quantico — Greenside Hangar and Dental Clinic in Quantico, Va.
• Wakefield High School in Arlington, Va.
• Georgetown University’s Davis Performing Arts Center in Washington, D.C.
• The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Md.
• Baltimore Washington Medical Center in Baltimore, Md.
• Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
"As our work for local clients and the federal government continues to grow, we wanted to be close to the agencies headquartered in the D.C. area,” said Rob Barrick, president and CEO of Smith Seckman Reid. “The size and diversity of the D.C. market along our core service lines, opportunities for international work, and long-term clients with interests in the area were all factors in our decision to open an office here.”
The Washington, D.C. office will provide SSR’s full array of engineering design and facility consulting services including engineering design, commissioning and sustainability, technology, and regulatory compliance.
Michael Preece has 22 years of experience in project development, design, construction and start-up. For the last nine years, he has served as client and project manager for federal, state and local government projects, and commercial projects in Maryland and the Mid-Atlantic region. He is a registered professional engineer in Maryland, a board-certified physical security professional with ASIS International, and a certified commissioning authority with the AABC commissioning group.