CHICAGO — Smith Seckman Reid Inc. (SSR) opened a Chicago office. The office will be led by Laura Ludwig, P.E., QCxP, who has been named senior associate with SSR. SSR has been active in the Chicago market for many years and has more than 20 ongoing and recently completed projects.
Notable work includes:
• The Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, a $656 million facility (facilities commissioning services)
• The Hallmark, a 37-story senior living tower on Lake Michigan owned by Brookdale Senior Living (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection and telecommunications design services)
• Loyola University Chicago’s Norville Center for Intercollegiate Athletics (facilities commissioning services)
• Adventist Hinsdale Hospital’s patient pavilion (facilities commissioning services)
• A renovation and new construction project at Central DuPage Hospital that included an ambulatory services pavilion, a women’s and children’s center, and surgical services (full medical communications planning and design of telecommunications infrastructure)
“Based on our growth in the Chicago market, it was only natural that we establish roots to allow us to better serve our clients in the region,” said Rob Barrick, president and CEO of SSR. “We are committed to this market and look forward to furthering relationships with our valued partners.”
The Chicago office will provide SSR’s full array of engineering design and facility consulting services including engineering design, commissioning and sustainability, communications and technology, and regulatory compliance.