Pleasanton, Calif. — Simpson Strong-Tie, the leader in engineered structural connectors and building solutions, has introduced a new 2” structural wood screw to its expanding line of Outdoor Accents® Essentials decorative hardware.
The Simpson Strong-Tie Outdoor Accents line offers a complete collection of tested, code-listed connectors and fasteners for building beautiful, structurally strong custom outdoor living structures. such as pergolas, pavilions, arbors, gazebos, and patio covers.
Designed for strength, beauty, and versatility, the new 2” structural wood screw features a black double-barrier coating for corrosion protection across many outdoor applications and a Type-17 point to provide easy installation without the need for pre-drilling. When used with the Outdoor Accents hex-head washer, the screw combines the decorative appearance of a bolted connection with the installation ease of a screw. Additional features of the structural wood screw include:
- Low-profile head for the clean, concealed appearance desired in finish applications
- 6-lobe recess for easy, secure driving and longer bit life
- Black double-barrier coating for corrosion protection across many outdoor applications
- Type-17 point for fast starts, secure driving, and easy installation without pre-drilling
- Large washer head for an increased load-bearing area