SACRAMENTO, CALIF. — SCS Engineers (SCS), an environmental consulting and contracting firm, announced that the firm’s recently opened West Sacramento, Calif., office has successfully completed 10 environmental consulting projects for the city of West Sacramento and other clients.
The first project completed by SCS for the city of West Sacramento was a Phase I site assessment for an affordable housing development conducted under a new U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Brownfields Assessment Grant recently obtained by the city. The city is working with developer BRIDGE Housing to develop a high-density housing project on the site once used to dry and store rice. Located in the Bridge District of West Sacramento, the site is approximately one acre in size.
Other projects completed by this SCS office include:
• a cost estimate for the Port of West Sacramento;
• an environmental assessment for a Port of West Sacramento site scheduled for redevelopment;
• four Phase I site assessments along West Capitol Avenue;
• a Phase I site assessment to support renovation of Capitol Bowl, a West Capitol Avenue landmark;
• a third-party review and sampling and analysis plan for a former plating facility; and
• a soil and groundwater investigation for a local bank as part of their due diligence process.
“We expanded our offices in the Sacramento area to better serve our clients, and that’s exactly what we’re doing,” said SCS Senior Vice President and California operations director Mark Beizer, P.E. “We have a track record of delivering successful projects, and we will continue to provide outstanding service to clients in the region.”
SCS Engineers has 47 offices in 23 U.S. states and worldwide. Several offices will open later this year.