Chicago — RTM Engineering Consultants (RTM) recently launched a Sustainability Studio that focuses specifically on providing clean, efficient solutions to owners. As partners of U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and Energy Star, RTM is dedicated to being a sustainable design leader. The firm leverages in-depth expertise in a variety of markets to deliver sustainable and energy-efficient designs.
"RTM recognizes the importance of accommodating building needs and changing demands in an environment of growing energy costs," said RTM Principal Mitesh Smart, P.E. "I am confident that RTM's shared passion for superior engineering and experience providing sustainable designs will make a difference for everyone involved."
RTM's full range of sustainability services include:
• Energy Modeling: When implemented, energy modeling helps building owners evaluate payback of green solutions like solar panels and photovoltaics, wind turbines and high-efficiency appliances.
• Building Energy Quotient (bEQ): bEQ is a rating program based on American Society of Heating Refrigeration and Air–Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) methodologies and standards with a direct focus on building energy consumption. It provides building owners with strategies for improving a building's operational and financial performance while keeping the comfort of occupants at top priority.
• Commissioning: Commissioning is a cost-effective and risk-management strategy for reducing energy and greenhouse gas emissions in buildings today and is a requirement to obtain a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification.
• LEED & Green Globes Administration: LEED and Green Globes are certification programs for new and existing buildings that use a point and scorecard system. A project receives points if it adheres to a range of credits that focuses on water efficiency, energy usage, innovation, resource usage, and additional sustainability measures.
• Energy Star Portfolio Administration: Through energy-efficient technologies and strategies for new or existing buildings, the program helps businesses and individuals save money and protect the environment.
• Utility Incentive & Rebate Administration: RTM facilitates the process of implementing and providing knowledge to building owners about the existence of programs that support green initiatives and energy consumption reduction.
More information about RTM's sustainability studio is available at http://www.rtmassociates.com/services/sustainability.