Farmington Hills, Mich. — Nearly 2,000 engineers, architects, contractors, educators, manufacturers, and material representatives from around the world will convene at the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center in Detroit, March 26-30, 2017, to collaborate on concrete codes, specifications and standards. Technical and educational sessions will provide attendees with the latest research, case studies, best practices, and the opportunity to earn Professional Development Hours (PDHs).
The Greater Michigan Chapter of ACI are proud to host the convention this spring, as an opportunity to showcase the companies, projects, current events, and landmarks that inspired the convention theme of Driving Concrete Technology. Some of the convention highlights that attendees have to look forward to include:
- International Lunch with special guest Dr. Oussama Baalbaki
- Student Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Composites Competition
- Student Lunch with speaker Lance J Richards
- Contractors’ Day Lunch with speaker Sandy Baruah
- Concrete Mixer held at the Henry Ford Museum
- An industry exhibition showcasing over 40 exhibitors
Throughout the convention, ACI will hold over 300 committee meetings, 30+ technical sessions, an industry trade exhibition, networking events, and more. Registration is open online through March 16, 2017 and discounted rates are offered until February 26, 2017.
To learn more about the ACI Convention and to register, visit www.aciconvention.org.