Hawthorne, N.J. — Registration is open for the DFI 42nd Annual Conference on Deep Foundations, October 24-27, 2017, at the New Orleans Marriott in Louisiana. The conference will feature technical presentations focusing on deep foundations and ground improvement, and associated risks and mitigation practices.
- Critical Infrastructure (e.g., flood protection system)
- Innovative Techniques for Soft Soils
- Laterally Loaded Piles
- Mitigation of Environmental Impacts
- Sediment Transport and Diversion Structures
- Sheet Piling and Cofferdams
- Instrumentation and Monitoring: Noise and Vibration, Slopes during Deep Foundation Installation, and Soil-Pile Interaction
- Risk Management Associated with Deep Foundations and Ground Improvement
In addition to technical sessions, the conference includes meetings of the 18 DFI Technical Committees and 3 Working Groups, keynote lectures, networking opportunities, Welcome and Business Meeting Lunches, the Women in Deep Foundations Reception, the Hal Hunt Lecture, the Annual Awards Banquet, a Student Activities Program, the City-by-City Companions’ Program, plus more than 125 exhibits featuring new and innovative products and services.
The event is expected to draw more than 1,000 engineers, contractors, government agency representatives, suppliers, manufacturers and academics involved in the deep foundations industry from around the world to share experiences, exchange ideas and learn about the current state of the practice.
Register at www.deepfoundations2017.org.