Starting January 6, 2021
A new training for project managers led by a panel of three experts backed by a ton of research on how to best train project managers to be more effective and efficient.
Each team member brings their own unique experiences and skillset to project teams. Effectively leveraging the talents of your team can optimize team effectiveness. Project Management for AEC Professionals provides people-focused, science-driven practical skills to help project leaders harness the power of their team. By addressing the most important aspects of any project – the people – this course will provide practical techniques that can be immediately implemented for a positive impact on any AEC team or business.
AEC Professionals are extensively trained on technical skills and less so on how to manage a team. However, with rapidly evolving technology, increasing fee pressure, multi-generational teams, and many other challenges, effective team leadership in project environments has proven to be the key to thriving in the high-pressure AEC environment. These challenges, coupled with the fact that project managers are often left to learn on the job, leaves new and seasoned leaders left to use a trial and error style team leadership that is prone to missteps. Each decision made can impact profit, risk, and client-relationships. This course will take the guesswork out of leading your team and develop project leaders who are equipped with practical, science-backed skills to empower their teams to achieve and surpass their goals.
WHY THIS COURSE?
- 94% of attendees would recommend this course to other Project Managers.
- 97% of attendees state that the skills learned in this course will help them to better lead their team.
- 96% of attendees state that the course helped them develop skills to be a more effective Project Manager.
“What would you tell others about this course?”
- “Probably the best project management course I’ve taken.”
- “This is a great course for project managers and others to learn new skills to implement to become more effective in the AEC environment.”
- “The course was very skills focused and provided actionable things to do, unlike some courses that stay ‘big picture.’”
- “Do it. It’s awesome.”
- “Worth the time. High value course for anyone doing Project Management.”
- “Well worth your time.”
- “The people hosting the course are real, honest, and interesting to listen to. Very helpful.”
- “Very engaging and lots of practical tools.”
- “The single best PM course I’ve taken (and I’ve taken many). It was focused, on-topic, and applicable.”
- “Take it!”
FORMAT AND CONTENT:
This is a four-week program consisting of four ninety-minute live, virtual modules, one module per week, led by the seminar instructor team. These meetings will be a mix of presentations, discussions, and open-ended Q&A sessions. This is the same great content that is taught during our in-person Project Management for AEC Professionals seminar. This course is taught by Zweig Group’s strategic partner; Start 2 Rise.
This training course covers the four critical focus areas every AEC Industry project manager should be familiar with: Time and Task Management, Communication, Team Leadership, and Problem Solving/Conflict Resolution. The course is presented in lectures, tutorials, individual exercises, role plays, and case study workshop sessions. Attendees will leave armed with a comprehensive understanding of the foundational characteristics, skills, and techniques successful project managers must have to succeed in their role.
This course is taught by Zweig Group’s strategic partner; Start 2 Rise.