Reston, Va. – As the construction industry more frequently uses alternative project delivery methods and performance specifications, implementation, and continuous improvement of quality programs–including those associated with quality management, quality assurance, and quality control–will become increasingly critical to the successful planning, design, delivery, and operation of projects.
In Construction Quality in the Alternate Project Delivery Environment, Tara Cavalline, Ph.D., P.E., Dennis Morian, P.E., and Clifford J. Schexnayder, Ph.D., P.E., provide detailed guidance on all aspects of construction quality in the heavy / highway, building, and industrial fields.
Topics covered in the book include:
- Quality management and assurance in the design and construction phases,
- Prescriptive versus performance specifications,
- Quality control processes,
- Variation and sampling techniques,
- Tools for construction quality improvement,
- Control charts, statistical sampling and percent within limits,
- Benchmarking, and special inspections and acceptance.
This book is an ideal resource for engineers, technicians, and construction managers engaged in project design and construction. It serves as a single source of recommended quality management and quality assurance practices to support the work of engineering professionals when both conventional and APD methods are used.