Las Vegas — The Plastic Pipes Conference Association (PPCA) has confirmed nearly 100 sessions, presentations and case history white paper studies will be held during the Plastic Pipes XIX Conference and Exhibition in Las Vegas, Sept. 24 – 26, 2018. The conference is organized in collaboration with the PPCA members PE 100+ Association, Plastics Pipe Institute, Inc. (PPI) and The European Plastic Pipes and Fittings Association (TEPPFA).
Some of the high interest events, according to PPCA, include:
- Considerations When Restraining Molecularly Oriented PVC Pipe Joint Case Study
- Investigation of the Creep Failure Behavior of Polyamide Pipes
- Design and Qualification of PA-PERT Pipe for Oil and Gas Transportation
- New Process for Thermoforming Integrated Sockets on High-Rigidity PP-HM Underground Drainage Pipes with Solid or Multi-layer Structured Walls
- Production of Potable Water Pipes for Chile Using the Inline Extrusion Process
- Variability and Quality Control for Production of Corrugated HDPE pipe Manufactured with Recycled Content
- The World’s First Class 3 Safety Related Nuclear PE4710 Piping Project – A 10 Year review
- Determination of the slow crack growth resistance of PA12 pipe grades
- CPVC Application in China fire sprinkler systems
“As always, this is a truly international event,” stated Sarah Patterson, PPI technical director and chair of the PPXIX Organizing Committee. “Presenters are from a multitude of countries including China, Austria, The Netherlands, Japan, Italy and the United States. The conference is the single most important event for many attendees because it provides them with an intellectual and networking forum for sharing ideas and learning about the newest developments for all plastic pipes. We expect to have another record turnout, and we have many supportive sponsors including Baerlocher, Rollepaal, MOL, The Dow Chemical Company, LyondellBasell, S&B Technical Products, Hultec USA, McElroy, TRI Environmental, Rifeng Enterprise Group, SICA, Trelleborg, KraussMaffei Berstorff, PSILab, RTP Company, battenfeld-cincinnati, Hamilton Kent, Milacron, NSF International and Uponor, the manufacturer of PEX piping who won this year’s Plastics Pipe Institute’s Project of the Year.”
Held in either the United States or Europe every even numbered year, the Plastic Pipes Conference and Exhibition is the largest event of its kind. Other key subjects to be covered at PPXIX include the introduction of new technologies, technical and marketing issues relating to materials and ingredients along with the design and development, testing, installation and operation of plastic pipe systems.
Additional information can be found on the Plastic Pipes Conference Association website at http://www.plasticpipesconference.com.