Houston — LJA Engineering's Rail Services Division continues to expand its presence in the Gulf Coast area, Nebraska, and Florida. The Rail Services Team, with over 168 years of rail experience, is focused on client satisfaction, quality, and productivity, and offers a balanced blend of railroaders and civil engineers to enhance client projects. The firm offers comprehensive railroad services including planning, operations, design engineering, and construction management.
New team members include:
• Barry J. Gondron, P.E., LEED AP, Senior Project Manager — Barry brings 39 years of experience in engineering design and construction management of rail projects, including 17 years as a Senior Regional Track Designer. He is responsible for project management, design development, and quality control. Barry has a Bachelor of Science in General Studies from the University of Southwestern Louisiana. He is a member of the American Railway and Engineering and Maintenance of Way Association, and the U. S. Green Building Council, Colorado USGBC Chapter.
• David B. Harris, PMP, Director of Client Services — David brings over 30 years of diverse management experience including strategic planning, project and program management, marketing, and business development. He will help to build and expand LJA's reputation in the railroad industry, its geographic presence, as well as ensure project scheduling and cost performance. David is a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Project Management Institute, and the American Railway Engineering and Maintenance Association. David offices at our West Houston Corporate office.
• Patrick DesMarais, Project Manager — Patrick has over 15 years of experience in project management including utility and public improvement projects management on behalf of Class 1 and short line freight railroads. He will be responsible for providing and managing efficient and effective processes and procedures associated with public projects, pipe and wire services, and other support services, as well as managing our Jacksonville, Florida office. Patrick has a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Villanova University. He is a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers, and the American Railway Engineering and Maintenance Association.
• Kyle J. Robe, P.E., Project Manager — Kyle has over six years of engineering experience in project management including rail track alignment design and modeling, project and client coordination, construction management services, and surveying. He will be responsible for project management, design development and construction management, as well as managing our new Omaha, Nebraska office. Kyle has a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from Brigham Young University. He is a member of the American Railway and Engineering and Maintenance Association.
• Carl Rubly, Rail Manager — Carl has over 25 years of varied experience in civil design, transportation, architecture, and mapping. Having started his career at the Southern Pacific Transportation Company, he has served on various rail projects for freight rail, commuter and transit rail, and for clients such as Dallas DART, Houston METRO, Phoenix RPTA, UPPR, BNSF, CN, NS, Southern PacificRailroad, and Burlington Northern Railroad. Carl's technical expertise spans design platforms in MicroStation, AutoCAD, GIS, InRoads and GeoPak. Carl earned Applied Science degrees from both ITT Technical Institute and Houston Community College, and is currently pursuing a civil engineering degree from the University of Houston. Carl offices in our West Houston office.
LJA’s Omaha, Neb., office is up and running with the kick-off of a recent Open House. Kyle Robe, P.E., will be managing rail projects and client needs out of this office. The Rail Division was recently selected by Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) Railroad to provide construction management and environmental consulting services associated with the development of BNSF's new capacity expansion project located near Milford, Nebraska.
Additionally, Patrick DesMarais will manage rail services projects while developing new business from the Jacksonville, Fla., office.