The Land Development East Conference & Expo, which offers land development professionals an opportunity to increase their knowledge of technical issues, trends, technologies, and business management, takes place April 11-12, 2007, at the Hilton Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla. CE News subscribers can save $200 off the full conference price by registering before Feb. 28. Enter discount code: CENEWS to receive the special price of $595. For complete details, visit www.LDEast.com.
Each attendee at the 2007 Land Development East Conference & Expo will receive a certificate of attendance indicating the total number of Professional Development Hours received. Attendees may submit this certificate to their respective state agencies for professional credits. (Note: State criteria differ, and some states may not accept this certificate.) Conference attendees participating in all sessions offered during the conference will be eligible for a maximum of approximately 11 credit hours.
William H. Hudnut, III, senior resident fellow, public policy, at the Urban Land Institute, will give the conferences keynote speech—Emerging trends in real estate. Other confirmed presentations to date include the following:
- Smart growth: Are we effectively reducing sprawl?, by Jon Thaxton, Sarasota County commissioner;
- Water resource planning for private development, by W. Kirk Martin, P.G., vice president, CDM Corporation;
- Public-private partnerships: Demystifying the bid process, by John Falcone, president, Envirobidnet;
- Benefits and pitfalls of subdivision declaration of covenants, restrictions, and easements, by Edward Benes, P.E., Esq., corporate council, Manhard Consulting, Ltd.;
- Sustainable development: Positively impacting the triple bottom line, by Neil B. Myers, principal, Williams Creek Consulting, and Thomas A. Dickey, vice president, Duke Realty Corporation;
- Integrating cultural and quality of life assessments into economic/market studies, by Kathleen Rose, CCIM, Rose & Associates Southeast, Inc.;
- Innovative tools and techniques of prefabricated bridge components, by Ralph Verrastro, P.E., president, Delta Engineers, PC;
- 3-D high definition laser scanning: Technology thats changing the industry, by Kenneth Stigner, L.S., partner, Vollmer Associates LLP; and
- Drilling downtown: Subsurface mineral exploration and production in urban terrain, by Dale R. Plato, Ph.D., Huitt-Zollars, Inc.
In addition, an optional Mobile Workshop on the last day allows attendees to visit land development projects near Orlando, including Avalon Park, Baldwin Park, and the Horizon West Developments.
The Land Development East Conference & Expo brings you face-to-face with the entire team responsible for land and community development—environmental consulting firm leaders, civil engineers, real estate developers, land development professionals, project managers, urban and suburban planners, government employees, environmental attorneys, landscape architects, and surveyors. Visit www.LDEast.com for additions and updates to the program. For questions, please contact Amy Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-466-6275.