Denver — The International Erosion Control Association (IECA) is calling for presentations for Environmental Connection 2015 annual conference and expo for the erosion and sediment control community. The 2015 conference will be held at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Ore., Feb. 1518, 2015. Environmental Connection 2015 will be a co-located event with the Industrial Fabrics Association International (IFAI).
For its 2015 conference, IECA has four Educational Tracks:
- Erosion and Sediment Control,
- Stormwater Management,
- MS4 Management, and
- Surface Water Restoration.
This coming year, IECA is focusing on the relevant issues and challenges facing erosion control and stormwater quality management professionals. Recommended hot topics for Environmental Connection 2015 include:
- establishing vegetation in nutrientsensitive watersheds;
- vegetation selection for streambank stabilization or wetland restoration;
- sampling and analysis requirements and procedures;
- natural soil enhancement for establishment of vegetative cover;
- transition from vegetation to hardscape for utilities, bridges and waterways;
- RAPPS for oil and gas construction activities;
- channel lining BMP installations — vegetative to hard armor;
- lowtech BMP's for stormwater management;
- subsurface investigations for erosion; and
- sediment control purposes and determining effectiveness of BMPs using RUSLE2.
The deadline to submit an abstract is May 30, 2014. For more information about the submittal process, visit www.ieca.org/submissions.