SAN DIEGO — Interactive Design Systems (IDS) has announced the release of the next generation of its Bridge Design Analysis Software package, Bridge Designer II version 4(BD2 v4).
Bridge Designer II (BD2 v4) provides advanced design and analysis for pre-stressed concrete bridges in an elegant, wizard-driven user interface. BD2 v4 is a robust software package that enables engineers to design and analyze a complete bridge model. The software uses basic matrix structural analysis formulation, combined with time-dependent material properties, to carry out a Time Simulation of Bridge Designs under construction. During this process, all stress conditions are checked at every construction step as well as in service.
The latest release of BD2 features a completely redesigned user interface along with a number of important new features:
• A completely new Windows user interface engineered to be very intuitive for new users, while providing exceptional productivity benefits during the design cycle.
• The BD2 Assistant Wizard, which enables the user to take advantage of the program’s high level of embedded intelligence to quickly populate the project database with a Parametric Bridge Model. Default models include Span-by-Span, Balanced Cantilever, Cable-Stay, Spliced-Girder and Composite Bridges. The user can subsequently modify the model if needed to meet design specific requirements.
• A workflow driven interface that allows a user to quickly and easily design & test a bridge structure, utilizing industry standards and best practice methods.
• A fully interactive design environment that provides users with the ability to rapidly set up, view, edit, and test bridge components, including full integration of construction phases and service loads (AASHTO LRFD, BS5400).
• Import/export and compatibility with CAD environments such as previous versions of Bridge Designer, as well as AutoCAD (DXF, DWG), MicroStation (DGN) and RISA-3D.
“BD2 v4 represents a major step forward in Bridge Design ease of use and engineering productivity,” said Jean-Claude Demosthenidy, president of IDS. “In addition to BD2’s long track record of successful simulations on major bridge projects worldwide, BD2 v4 also sets the standard for software usability.”
Beta testers and early production users have responded with great enthusiasm to the enhanced capabilities and ease-of-use they’ve experienced with BD2 v4:
"We have been using BD2 for over ten years with great results. The new graphical interface in BD2 Version 4 significantly enhances our ability to model and analyze bridges," said John Corven, P.E., president of Corven Engineering. "The design wizard feature gives us the ability to create typical bridge models in a matter of minutes. Enhanced graphical displays allow us to evaluate the analysis quickly so that important design refinements can be made."
For more information about Interactive Design Systems, or to download a free trial version of BD2, please visit www.ids-soft.com.