CHICAGO, Il. – SEAOI (Structural Engineers Association of Illinois) will hold a dinner meeting on Tuesday, May 1, 2012. The dinner meeting will feature presentations by the following project finalists in the 2012 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards program.
Representatives from the firms named as finalists (Editors: Project Finalists to be announced after April 9th) will present discussions of the merits of their projects before a panel of distinguished leaders in the construction industry.
The distinguished list of judges for the awards this year is as follows:
- William D. Bast, P.E., S.E. – Principal, Thornton Tomasetti
- Mohsen A. Issa, Ph.D., P.E., S.E., F.ACI, F.ASCE Professor of Structural and Materials Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago
- John Lahey, AIA – Chairman, Solomon Cordwell Buenz
- Michael Merchant – Commissioner, Department of Buildings, City of Chicago
- John Morley – Senior Vice President, Bovis Lend Lease
- David Roeder – Business Reporter/Columnist, Chicago Sun-Times
Announcement of Award winners will be made at the SEAOI Annual Banquet to be held on the evening of June 9, 2012 at the annual SEAOI Awards Banquet.