Washington, D.C. — Register for 10 orientation webinars to learn about the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA) Every Day Counts round five (EDC-5) innovations that the transportation community will deploy in 2019 and 2020. Scheduled in September, the 90-minute webinars will describe the benefits of each innovation, provide examples of how the innovation is being used in transportation programs, and identify resources available to facilitate deployment.
Topics include the following:
- Weather-Responsive Management Strategies
- CHANGE: Collaborative Hydraulics Advancing in the Next Generation of Engineering
- Rural Roadway Departures
- Advanced Geotechnical Exploration Methods
- Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)
- Virtual Public Involvement
- Use of Crowdsourcing to Advance Operations
- Project Bundling
- STEP: Safe Transportation for Every Pedestrian
- Value Capture: Capitalizing on the Value Created by Transportation
View the webinar schedule and register for individual sessions at the EDC-5 innovation orientation webinars page: https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/innovation/everydaycounts/edc_5/edc5-orientation-webinars.cfm.