Kansas City, Mo. — Eighteen public works professionals recently earned the American Public Works Association (APWA) credential as a Certified Public Infrastructure Inspector (CPII). Since its inception, the APWA certification in public infrastructure inspection program has credentialed a total of 250 U.S. and Canadian professionals with the CPII certification.
“The purpose of the Public Infrastructure Inspector certification is to promote quality infrastructure throughout the community by advancing the knowledge and practice of construction inspection to benefit the community and public agencies, “said APWA Executive Director Peter B. King. “The CPII program is intended for public works professionals that inspect the construction of public infrastructure and facilities, as well as other types of construction work and materials to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.”
“This new group of CPIIs has demonstrated a high level of expertise, and all are to be commended on their APWA certification achievement,” King said. The most recent APWA Certified Public Infrastructure Inspectors include:
- Mohammed Barkatullah, CPII, Primera Engineers Ltd., Chicago
- Shane D. Bennett, CPII, Saratoga Springs City, Saratoga Springs, Utah
- David J. Bruce, CPII, City of Visalia, Visalia, Calif.
- Danny Casals, CPII, Village of Palmetto Bay, Palmetto Bay, Fla.
- Michael Ewers, CPII, Primera Engineers Ltd., Chicago
- Sven E. Flodstrom, CPII, Primera Engineers Ltd., Chicago
- Gregory Gibbs, CPII, Helix Water District, El Cajon, Calif.
- Daniel R. Jacobsen, CPII, City of Kennewick, Kennewick, Wash.
- James D. Jennings, CPII, Fairfax Water, Fairfax, Va.
- T.J. Kelley, CPII, City of O’Fallon, O’Fallon, Mo.
- Andy J. Liebmann, CPII, Spaceco Inc., Rosemont, Ill.
- Corey T. Mase, CPII, Trotter and Associates, Inc., St. Charles, Ill.
- Abdul Moiz Mohammed, CPII, Primera Engineers Ltd., Chicago
- Cary Necaise, CPII, South Jordan City, South Jordan, Utah
- Christopher M. Reed, CPII, Great West Engineering, Billings, Mont.
- Colin R. Roich, CPII, Lamb-Star Eng., L.P., Plano, Texas
- Jesse T. Singer, CPII, Chastain and Associates LLC, Chicago
- John F. Stone, CPII, Town of Abington, Abington, Mass.
For more information on the CPII Certification program, the Certified Public Fleet Manager (CPFP) or the Certified Stormwater Manager (CSM) programs, contact APWA Certification at 816-595-5212, or firstname.lastname@example.org.