Composite steel construction has been recognized for a number of years as one of the most economical systems for constructing building floors. This webinar will focus on information contained within SJI’s “2nd Edition CJ-Series Composite Joists,” which includes the standard specifications, weight tables, bridging tables and code of standard practice; share how one can utilize SJI’s Floor Bay Tool for estimating the cost of CJ-Series joists; and describe recent projects where CJ-Series composite joists have been utilized.
Learning Objectives of Webinar
- Potential benefits of using SJI’s CJ-Series composite joists.
- Computational aspects of composite steel joist behavior per SJI’s new 2nd Edition CJ-Series Specifications.
- Guidelines for installing welded shear studs onto the chords of CJ-Series joists and serviceability considerations.
- How to efficiently utilize SJI’s Composite Steel Joist Catalog.
- Preliminary estimating of CJ-Series costs utilizing SJI’s new Floor Bay Analysis Tool.
- Typical projects for CJ-Series composite joists.
See more webinars from Steel Joist Institute here.