Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) Educational Trust, the charitable arm of DFI, recently awarded 15 scholarships totaling $50,000 to students pursuing careers in civil and geotechnical engineering.
The DFI Educational Trust manages 19 scholarship programs funded by endowments, donations and fundraising events. Since 2006, the Trust has awarded $1.9 million in scholarships to at least 500 students studying at colleges and universities across the United States and the Province of Ontario, Canada.
Following are the recent scholarship recipients.
- Daniel Goldstein Fridman, graduate student, is the recipient of the Bernard F. Langan Scholarship at Purdue University.
- Meg Fernandez, junior, received the Donald J. Murphy Memorial Scholarship at NYU Tandon School of Engineering.
- Elliot Molina, graduate student, received the Donald J. Murphy Memorial Scholarship at NYU Tandon School of Engineering.
- Matias Frediani, graduate student, was awarded the George P. Kelley Memorial Scholarship at Drexel University.
Manuel Fine Civil Engineering Scholarship Fund ($4,000 each)
- James Wagner, senior, University of Toronto
- Reid Brackenbury, junior, Western University, Ontario
- Dylan Neves, senior, Queen’s University, Ontario
Penn State Scholarship Fund ($2,500)
- Matthew Hallisey, senior
- Negein Immen, freshman
- Roger Newman, junior
- Sophia Edwards, sophmore
- Adara Getsy, senior
- Jake Graff, junior
Charles J. Berkel Memorial Scholarship ($1,500 each)
- Shenoah Williams, junior, NYU Tandon School of Engineering
- Jane Truong, senior, Drexel University
Donations to the DFI Educational Trust scholarship funds can be made online at www.dfitrust.org.