350 Mission Street, San Francisco
Schaumburg, Ill. — The Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute (CRSI) announced the results of its biennial CRSI HONORS Design and Construction Awards program. Of the entries received, 19 projects were selected to receive recognition.
Project entries were evaluated on the basis of:
- Satisfaction of Owners Objectives,
- Development of Innovative Solutions,
- Maximizing Project Value,
- Effective Use of Reinforced Concrete and
- Overall Aesthetics.
Twelve submittals received an HONORS Award while seven received a Merit Certificate.
“We are excited to recognize these buildings and bridges as shining examples of the versatility, aesthetics, and cost effectiveness of steel reinforced concrete. The design and construction teams have proven their innovative spirit through these projects and for that we applaud them,” stated Danielle Kleinhans, President and CEO of CRSI.
For nearly 40 years, CRSI has recognized design and construction achievement by owners, architects, engineers, and construction managers across North America. This year’s entries represented a wide range of project types from all regions of the United States as well as Eastern Canada. Each of the selected projects demonstrates excellence and highlights thoughtfully considered solutions brought to fruition through the efficient use and leveraging of steel reinforced concrete’s inherencies.
The following projects were selected for recognition (submitting organization is in parenthesis):
One Thousand Museum Towers, Miami, FL (DeSimone Consulting Engineers) – HONORS Award
- Panorama Tower, Miami, FL (DeSimone Consulting Engineers) – HONORS Award
- Tower 12, Seattle, WA (Cary Kopczynski & Company) – HONORS Award
- Halcyon Hotel, Denver, CO (Cary Kopczynski & Company) – Merit Certificate
- Robinson, San Diego, CA (DCI Engineers) – Merit Certificate
- 55 Hudson Yards, New York, NY (WSP) – HONORS Award
- 350 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA (Skidmore, Owings and Merrill LLP) – HONORS Award
- 512 West 22nd Street, New York, NY (DeSimone Consulting Engineers) – Merit Certificate
- McDonald’s Headquarters, Chicago, IL (James McHugh Construction Co.) – Merit Certificate
- McKinney & Olive, Dallas, TX (Brockette/Davis/Drake, Inc.) – HONORS Award
- Park District, Dallas, TX (Brockette/Davis/Drake, Inc.) – Merit Certificate
- John F. Kennedy Center Reach Expansion, Washington, DC (R&R Reinforcing, Inc.) – Merit Certificate
- University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital/Hospital Parking Ramp #2, Iowa City, IA (CBRE | Heery) – HONORS Award
- National Veterans Memorial and Museum, Columbus, OH (Gerdau) – HONORS Award
- Austin Central Library, Austin, TX (Datum Engineers) – HONORS Award
- Waterline Square, New York, NY (WSP) – HONORS Award
- I-90 Dresbach Bridge, LaCrosse, WI (Figg Bridge Engineers, Inc.) – HONORS Award
I-91 Brattleboro Bridge Improvements, Brattleboro, VT (Figg Bridge Engineers, Inc.) – HONORS Award
- Capital Cascades Crossing Pedestrian Bridge, Tallahassee, FL (Figg Bridge Engineers, Inc.) – Merit Certificate