DENVER — CH2M HILL supported non-profit organizations by donating nearly $150,000 in lieu of holiday parties to local non-profit organizations, including food banks, Boys and Girls Clubs, Salvation Army, educational programs, and homeless shelters. The company’s employees also volunteered time to numerous organizations and provided personal donations to benefit food banks, toy drives, coat drives and Adopt-A-Family programs.
Some of the other volunteering and donation efforts included the following:
- Multiple CH2M HILL offices raised funds to provide more than 500 bikes and helmets to local children.
- The Santa Ana, Calif., office donated $10,000 to the Orange County Food Bank and employees volunteered to package food boxes at the food bank’s warehouse. A donation of $10,000 was provided to the Santa Ana Boys and Girls Club and employees donated 90 hours to help serve a pre-Thanksgiving dinner to the families of children who attend the club.
- Employees in Minneapolis volunteered for a large relief effort to end hunger by donating funds and volunteering time to package food for the Feed My Starving Children organization.
- Salt Lake City employees brought holiday cheer to 250 guests at the Liberty Senior Center by serving dinner, providing gifts, and spending time with senior guests.
- CH2M HILL staff in Virginia Beach, Va., and Denver hosted parties for non-profit organizations. More than 110 people turned up for the resident picnic and party at a low-income housing facility owned and managed by the Samaritan House in Virginia Beach. Employees in Denver hosted a holiday celebration for The Arc of Arapahoe and Douglas County.
- Employees in Atlanta selected seven local non-profit organizations, ranging from Habitat for Humanity to local food banks and homeless shelters, to support financial contributions and volunteerism.
- The West Palm Beach, Fla, office hosted a poker run to benefit the Forgotten Soldier Outreach program, which sends care packages to soldiers stationed overseas.