Washington, D.C. —The Cold-Formed Steel Engineers Institute (CFSEI) will host the 2017 CFSEI Annual Expo on May 22-23, 2017 at the Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel in Fort Worth, Texas. This event is designed for architects, builders/contractors and engineers, with an educational program geared toward both skilled cold-formed steel (CFS) framing professionals as well as newcomers. The event will provide opportunities for education and networking as well as an exposition featuring state-of-the-art innovations, technologies and principles in cold-formed steel framing. The two-day conference is the only one of its kind dedicated to the cold-formed steel framing industry.
This year, the Expo will include a pre-conference tour of the University of North Texas (UNT) Structure Testing Laboratory at UNT Discovery Park, which facilitates structural testing of cold-formed steel. The tour will take place on Sunday, May 21, 2017.
The Expo includes several Continuing Education Sessions and a trade show featuring the latest technologies in cold-formed steel framing. There are several technical sessions, including:
- “Cold-Formed Steel Classroom” – Roger LaBoube, Ph.D., P.E., Wei-Wen Yu Center for Cold-Formed Steel Structures
- “Building Information Modeling” – Will Ikerd, IKERD Consulting, LLC, followed by a BIM Expert Panel Discussion
- “Light Weight Composite Structures for Advanced Tactical Shelters” – Cheng Yu, Ph.D., University of North Texas
- “The Steel Deck Institute’s Steel Deck on Cold-Formed Steel Framing Design Manual” – Thomas Sputo, P.E., Sputo and Lammert Engineering, LLC
- “Devil in the Details II: Learning From Mid-Rise Successes and Failures” – Don Allen, P.E., Super Stud Building Products, Inc.
- “Cold-Formed Steel Kneewall Design” – Hien Nguyen, M.S., P.E., Simpson Strong-Tie
Additional sessions are listed on the CFSEI website, www.cfsei.org.
The winners of the 2017 CFSEI Design and Distinguished Service Awards will be announced during the Expo. The award categories feature design excellence, innovative detail and distinguished service.
Winners of the 2016-2017 International Cold-Formed Steel Building Student Design Competition will also be announced.
As a special promotion, the first 10 full-conference registrants will receive a complimentary copy of AISI D100-13, Cold-Formed Steel Design Manual, 2013 Edition.
CFSEI Expo Sponsorship opportunities are still available at the Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Supporter levels. CFSEI thanks these sponsors:
- Platinum Level – Aegis Metal Framing, CEMCO Steel Framing and Metal Lath, ClarkDietrich Building Systems, USG
- Gold Level – Simpson Strong-Tie
- Bronze Level – Argos Systems, TrusSteel
A special conference rate for hotel reservations at the Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel is available through April 28, 2017. Early registration and hotel room reservations are encouraged.
For more information, visit www.cfsei.org.