Washington, D.C. — The Cold-Formed Steel Engineers Institute (CFSEI) and Mid-Atlantic Steel Framing Alliance (MASFA) will host the 2016 CFSEI and MASFA Annual Expo on May 23-24, 2016 at the Historic Inns of Annapolis in Annapolis, Md. This joint event is designed for architects, builders/contractors and engineers, with an educational program geared toward both skilled cold-formed steel (CFS) framing professionals as well as newcomers. The event will provide opportunities for education and networking as well as an exposition featuring state-of-the-art innovations, technologies and principles in cold-formed steel framing. The two-day conference is the only one of its kind dedicated to the cold-formed steel framing industry.
The Expo includes 15 Continuing Education Sessions and a trade show featuring the latest technologies in cold-formed steel framing. The technical sessions include:
- Antiterrorism Design Requirements for Cold-Formed Steel Framing — Nabil Rahman, Ph.D., P.E., The Steel Network
- Inspecting Cold-Formed Steel Framing – Not Just Left Up for Interpretation Anymore — Jeffrey Klaiman, ADTEK Engineers, Inc.
- Cold-Formed Steel Floor Trusses – How to Properly Utilize in Your Next CFS-Framed Project — Bill Babich, P.E., TrusSteel
- Devil in the Details: Learning From Mid-Rise Successes and Failures — Don Allen, P.E., Super Stud Building Products, Inc.
- Design Efforts in Cold-Formed Steel Seismic Design — Benjamin Schafer, Ph.D., P.E., The Johns Hopkins University
- Photovoltaic Systems on Metal Roofs — Vincent Sagan, P.E., Metal Building Manufacturers Association
The Cold-Formed Steel Design Forum returns to the agenda this year. Moderated by Roger A. LaBoube, Ph.D., the forum provides an opportunity for attendees to engage in discussion with a panel of experts who are in the trenches of cold-formed steel design.
The winners of the 2016 CFSEI Design and Distinguished Service Awards will be announced during the Expo. The award categories feature projects, products and software, and distinguished service.
Additional information is available at www.cfsei.org/2016cfseiannualexpo.