OVERLAND PARK, KAN. — Black & Veatch is extending its capabilities in the water, wastewater, and power industries by launching a company — infraManagement Group LLC (iMG), which will be focused on assisting owners in the management of assets. It also provides support to non-utility owners of energy and water operations — such as financial institutions, airports, colleges, and industrial users — that want to focus on their core business and have a trusted partner manage the assets.
Core services offered by iMG include:
- capital planning and prioritization;
- day-to-day operations and maintenance;
- finance and accounting, including budgeting and planning for operations and capital improvements;
- business support services such as procurement, fleet management, human resources, and information technology services;
- major project execution;
- regulatory compliance and reporting, including supporting plant asset owners in responding to priority state mandates to reduce energy consumption in water and wastewater systems; and
- communication liaison providing an important link between asset owners and outside parties.
“iMG clients benefit from our deep technical and asset management experience in the water and electricity generation industries, which Black & Veatch has served for more than 90 years,” said iMG president, Rodger Smith. “Our services help plant asset owners respond to a range of challenges by reducing business risk, improving plant efficiency, and, where appropriate, supporting the monetization of their facilities to raise cash for other community purposes.”