Exton, Pa. — Bentley Systems, Incorporated announced its call for submissions to the 2017 Be Inspired Awards program. The awards, which are judged by independent juries of industry experts, recognize infrastructure projects for BIM advancements that improve project delivery and/or asset performance. The deadline for submission entries is May 1, 2017.
The Be Inspired Awards are an integral part of Bentley’s Year in Infrastructure 2017 Conference, which takes place Oct. 10-12 in Singapore at Sands Expo and Convention Centre at Marina Bay Sands, one of the most iconic buildings in Asia. The structural design of Marina Bay Sands was done by Arup and was the 2010 Be Inspired Award winner for Innovation in Structural Engineering.
Courtesy of Bentley Systems
All Bentley users are invited to enter their projects in the Be Inspired Awards program, no matter what phase the project is in — preconstruction/conceptual, design, construction, or in operations. The three finalists chosen for each Be Inspired Awards category will win a trip to Singapore to attend the conference, as a guest of Bentley Systems. The finalists will present their projects in the Be Inspired Awards finals portion of the conference before the judges, industry thought leaders, and more than 100 members of the media.
The 17 Be Inspired Awards categories recognize BIM advancements in the following categories, several of which are new this year:
- Buildings and Campuses
- Environmental Engineering
- Mining and Offshore Engineering
- Municipal Operations
- Process and Power Plants
- Project Delivery
- Rail and Transit
- Reality Modeling
- Road and Rail Asset Performance
- Utilities and Industrial Asset Performance
- Utilities Transmission and Distribution
- Water and Wastewater Plants
- Water Networks
The conference will also feature several new Industry Forums, which include:
- Buildings and Campuses
- Rail and Transit
- Roads and Bridges
- Urban Systems
- Utilities and Water
Richard Ruth, product manager, services, Danfoss, said, “Our company was honored to be recognized at the 2016 Be Inspired Awards for our innovations in asset performance and energy management. Both the conference and the awards were outstanding opportunities to learn from extraordinary projects and technology innovations from around the world, and the networking opportunities throughout the conference were excellent. We also thought it very valuable to have our project evaluated and benchmarked against peers and competitors in the industry. We hope to submit several nominations for the 2017 Be Inspired Awards and attend the conference in Singapore!”
Paul Baron, principal/Pacific business group manager, GHD, said, “I felt like a winner before I even came up to the stage — simply being at the event and surrounded by so many outstanding project nominees was inspiring! We are extremely proud that our project in Advancing Construction Management was among the nominees honored at the 2016 Be Inspired Awards. We also appreciated the interest from the global media in our company and in our innovative use of technology. To have our project recognized on a global stage in front of our peers, industry leaders, and members of the media was humbling. We look forward to submitting again this year.”
Every Be Inspired Awards nomination receives significant and valuable recognition across the global infrastructure community. Through the Be Inspired Awards program, participants:
- gain global recognition by having their infrastructure projects profiled in Bentley’s Infrastructure Yearbook, which is distributed in print and digital formats to nearly 150,000 key media, government, and industry influencers around the world; in addition, all award winners and finalists are featured on Bentley’s User Project Profiles website page;
- enhance their competitive edge by demonstrating to existing and potential clients the value they and their respective organizations add to projects through their innovative BIM advancements; and
- receive media coverage from global media and support from the Bentley team in marketing and promoting their respective projects to the media.
For additional information about the Be Inspired Awards program, or to nominate a project, visit www.bentley.com/BeInspired.