CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Bentley Systems, Inc., announced the 17 winners of the 2009 Be Inspired Awards, during a dinner and awards ceremony at an invitation-only gathering of top users from around the globe. The awards honor the extraordinary work of Bentley users improving and sustaining the world’s infrastructure. An independent panel of Be Inspired Awards jurors, which included accomplished Bentley users and distinguished industry experts, selected the winning projects from more than 250 nominations.
CEO Greg Bentley said, “The Be Inspired Awards honor and celebrate outstanding infrastructure projects from around the globe. Each is benchmark-setting, accomplished through innovative information modeling technology and best practices, successfully implemented by talented and imaginative infrastructure professionals. Tonight we recognize an additional 17 extraordinary achievements, and I sincerely congratulate each of the winners. I also wish to acknowledge the important contributions that all of this year’s nominees have made to sustaining infrastructure. I avidly review their stories, and, along with my Bentley Systems colleagues, I am always truly inspired.”
Bentley has posted highlights of this year’s winning projects on its website and will include detailed descriptions of all nominated projects in the print and digital versions of “The Year in Infrastructure 2009,” which is being published next month. The digital versions of this award-winning publication are searchable across more than 1,000 world-class projects recognized in the Be Inspired Awards program since 2004. To review the last five editions, visit www.bentley.com/projectsearch.
The Be Inspired Award winners for 2009 are as follows:
- Innovation in Bridges: WSP Finland Ltd — Ngyuen Van Troi-Tran Thi Ly Bridge
- Innovation in Building: NBBJ — Miami Valley Hospital
- Innovation in Cadastre and Land Development: KASL Consulting Engineers — Metro Fire Station No. 29
- Innovation in Campuses, Airports, and Military Installations: CH2M HILL — Phase 1: O’Hare Modernization Program
- Innovation in Communications Networks: Precision Contracting Services, Inc. — City of Port St. Lucie Fiber Optic Network Design
- Innovation in Mining and Metals: Hatch Africa (Pty) Ltd — QMM Ilmenite Project
- Innovation in Oil and Gas: Cianbro Constructors — Motiva Crude Expansion Project
- Innovation in Power Generation: Energoprojekt Gliwice, S.A. — Central Solar PS20
- Innovation in Rail and Transit: Parsons Brinckerhoff — Central Phoenix/East Valley Light Rail System
- Innovation in Roads: Creighton Manning Engineering, LLP — Route 85 Slingerlands Bypass Extension
- Innovation in Utilities: Huntsville Utilities — An Integrated Implementation of ProjectWise, Bentley Expert Designer, and SAP
- Innovation in Water or Wastewater Treatment Plants: CDM — Casa Grande Water Recovery and Reuse Project
- Innovation in Water, Wastewater, and Stormwater Networks: Government of Maharashtra, Water Supply and Sanitation Department — Crisis Management of Water Supply in Developing Countries
- Communicating Through Visualization: Mott MacDonald Ltd — The Model Railway
- Connecting Project Teams: Engevix Engenharia S.A. — Hydropower Plant Coqueiros
- Innovation in Generative Design: Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios LLP — Worcester Library and History Centre
- Innovation in Structural Engineering: Edge Structures Ltd — Wimbledon Centre Court Redevelopment and Retractable Roof
For highlights of the Be Inspired Award winners for 2009, visit www.bentley.com/2009beinspiredwinners.