MILWAUKEE – Badger Meter, Inc. (NYSE: BMI) today announced that it has released its biennial 2020-2021 Sustainability Report highlighting its commitment and progress related to Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) efforts.
“Sustainability is core to Badger Meter’s purpose and culture, and we recognize that as a company we have a responsibility to reduce our own impact on the environment as well as lead in developing solutions that preserve and protect the world’s most precious resource – water,” said Kenneth C. Bockhorst, Chairman, President and CEO.
The Sustainability Report focuses on four strategic pillars – Governance, Products, Operations and People – that help define and guide ESG-related matters at Badger Meter. While long-term goals are established for certain key metrics like Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emission intensity, a continuous improvement approach to addressing ESG principles has been broadly deployed, which is consistent with how the Company sets strategy, manages key business processes and evaluates progress. A number of advances are described within this new report, including:
- Enhancements to reporting in line with standards set forth by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
- Completion of an ESG materiality assessment, identifying the ESG topics most material to the Company and its stakeholders, including:
- Innovating to deliver water and energy efficient solutions;
- Engaging an inclusive and diverse workforce; and
- Enhancing risk management
- Enrichments to the governance structure and processes related to ESG matters at the Board of Directors, Board committee and management levels.
- Establishment of a baseline GHG emissions intensity rate in 2020, and a 15% intensity reduction target by 2030, with detailed plans to meet that goal.
Bockhorst concluded, “Risks from climate change, the pandemic and other global events have spotlighted the need to enable and promote sustainability. We will continue to integrate the tenets of ESG into our business strategies and practices. It’s not only the right thing to do, but also a priority of our employees, customers and shareholders.”
The Sustainability Report can be found here: https://www.badgermeter.com/
About Badger Meter
With more than a century of water technology innovation, Badger Meter is a global provider of industry leading water solutions encompassing flow measurement, quality and other system parameters. These offerings provide our customers with the data and analytics essential to optimize their operations and contribute to the sustainable use and protection of the world’s most precious resource. For more information, visit badgermeter.com.