Leesburg, Va. — The most popular live and self-study webinars from the American Wood Council (AWC) in 2018 detailed the significant changes related to wood construction in the 2018 International Building Code (IBC) and International Residential Code (IRC).
The top webinars in 2018 are listed below. All are available on the AWC website (https://www.awc.org/education) as self-directed study programs to earn American Institute of Architects (AIA), International Code Council (ICC) or National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA) credit.
Most Popular Live Webinars of 2018
- 2018 IBC & 2018 IRC Changes (BCD130)
- 2018 WFCM Changes (STD350)
- Wood Shear Wall Seismic and Wind Design Example per 2015 WFCM and 2015 SDPWS (DES413-5)
Most Influential Webinars of 2018 (as determined by attendees self-reported skill level before and after the webinar)
- Fire Resistance Design Primer for Mass Timber Construction (DES602-1)
- Outcomes of ICC Tall Wood AdHoc Committee: Proposals and Discussion (DES605)
Most Popular E-Courses of 2018
- Overall: BCD130 2018 IBC and 2018 IRC Significant Changes Related to Wood Construction
- Most impactful (based on user feedback): Experiences of a Mass Timber Builder
- AWC Standards: Designing for New ASCE 7-16 Wind Loads per the 2018 WFCM (STD355)
- Green Building: Building Materials Matter (GB700-A)
- Materials: Traditional and Engineered Wood Products (MAT210)
- Design: Wind Solutions – Perforated Wood Structural Panel Shear Walls (DES416)
- Article: Residential Wood Deck Design (BCD303-A)
“AWC is committed to providing quality free education resources to ensure the building code and design community has the most up-to-date information related to wood design and construction,” said AWC Senior Director of Education Michelle Kam-Biron. “The most popular webinar presented recent building codes changes, highlighting the desire of busy building code officials and design professionals to stay current.”
Check AWC’s Events page (https://awc.site-ym.com/events/event_list.asp) for the 2019 webinar schedule and to register.