SAN RAMON, Calif. – Autodesk, Inc. is expanding AutoCAD 360 (formerly AutoCAD WS), a line of easy-to-use web and mobile drafting and documentation applications that let users view, create, edit and share drawings – anytime, anywhere.
The success of AutoCAD WS to date with more than 12 million downloads worldwide and over two million monthly active users revealed the pervasive market demand for sophisticated mobile design capabilities. The expansion of the AutoCAD 360 product line improves collaboration and delivers new and simplified ways to work with CAD on mobile devices and web browsers.
AutoCAD Pro mobile app plans
New AutoCAD 360 Pro mobile app plans, available in three options ranging in price from $4.99 per month to $49.99 per year, will enable users to get more out of AutoCAD on the go than ever. Capabilities include:
- New Drawings Creation – In addition to uploading existing drawings, users can now start new projects from scratch within AutoCAD 360 mobile.
- Large File Size Support – The ability to work with increased file sizes allow users to open and work with more complex drawings and designs.
- Connectivity to Third Party Storage – Directly connect AutoCAD 360 with popular third-party storage options such as Dropbox, Box, and more.
- Block Palette – Easily drag and place blocks into drawings from the drawing’s block collection.
- New Tools – Users can take advantage of advanced layer management, properties and attributes, drawing coordinates, additional storage space, and much more.
- Priority Support – Top priority support is available for purchase to get faster responses to questions.
AutoCAD 360 Web App Beta
The introduction of a new AutoCAD 360 web app beta will deliver the power professionals need to access drawings from any computer to view, edit, and share with others, while also benefitting CAD novices involved in projects. A simplified user interface improves sharing and collaboration ensuring that critical data can be accessed by anyone involved in a project regardless of expertise with design tools.
AutoCAD 360 mobile is available in English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish; AutoCAD 360 and AutoCAD 360 Pro mobile app plans are available at the iTunes App Store or Android markets—including Google Play. AutoCAD 360 web app beta is a free* beta which can be accessed at www.autocad360.com.
“What used to take us days of communication back and forth and lag time is now taking us hours and minutes with being able to instantly and in real-time update drawings,” said Jim LaPier, Designer and IT Manager for Chesapeake Design Group. “With AutoCAD 360, we are able to accomplish what a larger firm would do, but with a much smaller workforce.”
To learn more about Chesapeake Design Group’s experience with AutoCAD 360, check out this blog post from Autodesk.