Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, was awarded a statewide procurement engineering contract to assist the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) with alternative delivery procurement needs throughout the state.
“Our role is to review and analyze the approaches outlined in submittals from design-builders or others to ensure they can commit to and meet TxDOT’s alternative delivery expectations,” said Wes Burford, Senior Project Director in SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business and Program Manager for this project. “We will pay close attention to constructability, risk and cost-impact analysis to give the state confidence that the end products it envisions will be delivered.”
The $20 million, five-year contract includes engineering services to support planning, development and implementation of statewide transportation alternative delivery projects. Financing partnerships established to carry out projects may include comprehensive development agreements, design-builds and pass-through toll finance agreements.
Atkins provides added value to TxDOT by bringing together team members experienced in a variety of alternative delivery transactions, from serving as an owner’s representative for public-sector clients to helping reach commercial and financial close for private-sector clients.
In developing and managing TxDOT’s alternative delivery procurement process, Atkins will:
- Perform traffic forecasting, and traffic and revenue analysis for use in financial models.
- Review, oversee and develop cost estimates for projects in their entirety.
- Examine the feasibility of unsolicited and solicited proposals.
- Optimize design and construction during all project phases.
- Analyze operations and maintenance throughout project implementation.