Kansas City, Mo. — The American Public Works Association (APWA) selected its 2014 Top Ten Public Works Leaders. Marking the 54th anniversary of the award, the Top Ten award is one of the most coveted and prestigious awards presented by APWA.
From its inception in 1960, APWA’s selection of a Top Ten list of exceptional public works professionals in North America has identified 540 men and women who reflect the highest standards of professional conduct for public works officials. The honorees have been recognized for discharging critical responsibilities in connection to the design, construction, maintenance and/or operation of major public works projects or activities in large and small municipalities.
The 2014 Top Ten Award recipients include:
- Terry Cox – City Manager/City Engineer/Public Works Director, City of Harlan, Iowa.
- David Derrick – Director of Public Works & Engineering, City of Kissimmee, Fla.
- Joseph Fennell – Executive Director, Northwest Suburban Municipal Joint Action Water Agency, Elk Grove Village, Ill.
- Ken Grehm, P.E. – Director of Public Works, Placer County DPW, Auburn County, Calif.
- L. Tracy Mercer – Public Utilities Director, City of Clearwater, Fla.
- Lisa Ann Rapp, PWLF – Director of Public Works, City of Lakewood, Calif.
- Stephanie Reid – City Engineer, Lincoln City, Ore.
- Bonnie Teaford, P.E. – Public Works Director, City of Burbank, Calif.
- Carl J. Weber, P.E. – Director of Public Works, City of Janesville, Wis.
- Daniel Woldesenbet, Ph.D., P.E. –Director, Alameda County Public Works Agency, County of Alameda, Hayward, Calif.
“APWA is proud to honor the 2014 Top Ten Public Works Leaders,” said APWA Executive Director Peter B. King. “Each year, APWA recognizes the Top Ten Leaders, who are exceptional public works professionals that have been selected by a committee of peers for their career-long professionalism, expertise, service and personal contributions to improving the quality of life in the communities they serve. The APWA Top Ten represent the best of the public works profession. They are all to be highly commended, and are extremely worthy of this honor,” said King.
To see the Top Ten recipients since 1960, visit the APWA Top Ten Awards section online at http://www2.apwa.net/About/Awards.asp?Display=top10list.