Chicago — The American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) issued new certification program requirements for its Bridge and Highway Metal Component Manufacturers Program and the Sophisticated Paint Endorsement, and has updated the program requirements for all other certifications.
The new program requirements provide transparency and simplicity for participants and applicants about the governing document for each certification program and endorsement. The new and updated program requirements continue to reference the same AISC certification standards as the previous versions. Additionally, the use of consistent requirements across all of AISC’s certification programs provides clarity to the marketplace — owners, DOTs, architects, engineers, general contractors, etc. — who will gain a better understanding of all of the programs, which are now similar in structure.
Mark Trimble, AISC’s vice president of certification, added, “Our program requirements are now consistent in format across all AISC certification programs and provide essential program-specific guidance for participants, AISC staff and auditors. This will improve our services by eliminating inconsistencies and streamlining all governing program requirements.”
The new program requirements are available at www.aisc.org/certification. New requirements apply to all participants and applicants starting August 1, 2017. Certification Bulletin 2017-3 provides instructions on the process and timeline for the rollout of the program requirements listed below:
- Certification Program Requirements for Fabricators of Steel Buildings (Revised)
- Certification Program Requirements for Fabricators of Steel Bridges (Revised)
- Certification Program Requirements for Manufacturers of Bridge and Highway Components (New)
- Certification Program Requirements for Fabricators of Hydraulic Steel Structures (Revised)
- Certification Program Requirements for Erectors of Structural Steel (Revised)
- Certification Program Requirements for Applicators of Complex Coatings Endorsement (New)
For questions, contact AISC Certification at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-670-7520.