LOS ANGELES — AECOM Technology Corporation published its first corporate Sustainability Report covering the period Oct. 1, 2010, to Sept. 30, 2011. The 2011 Sustainability Report underscores AECOM’s commitment and strategic approach towards sustainability.
Highlights of the 2011 Sustainability Report include:
• AECOM’s efforts in reducing its carbon footprint.
• Integrating sustainable practices into projects around the world.
• Donating nearly $4 million to charitable causes during fiscal year 2011, including disaster relief, education and environmental needs.
• Once again, being named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute.
• Developing AECOM’s “Greening our Operations” (also called “GO!”) program to get employees involved in recycling, saving water and energy, green travel, and volunteering in the community.
• Embracing a safety culture both in and outside the office.
“I am delighted to introduce AECOM’s first corporate Sustainability Report,” said John M. Dionisio, AECOM chairman and chief executive officer. “While a number of our businesses have produced separate sustainability reports in the past, this report reflects AECOM’s comprehensive global sustainability commitment and the positive impact that we make in the world.”
“Sustainability is about mastering complexity in ways that optimize conditions for human development. AECOM — in breadth and depth — has been called upon to master that complexity on behalf of our clients, so that they, we, and society can be more successful today and in the future,” said Gary Lawrence, AECOM vice president and chief sustainability officer. “This report is an important step in reporting our financial and nonfinancial sustainability information to our stakeholders as well as a reflection of our ability to incorporate sustainability into every project as well as our daily operations.”
AECOM’s Sustainability Report is based on the disclosure guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). A copy of the full Sustainability Report can be viewed in the “Downloads” section of the company’s Sustainability section of its website at www.aecom.com/News/Sustainability.