AEC business leaders and technology professionals will convene at the 10th annual AEC Technology Strategies 2009 Conference on June 11-12, 2009, at the Green Valley Ranch & Resort in Henderson, Nev. This year’s conference themes include AEC design and business systems; corporate strategy and the role of AEC technology; IT infrastructure for the AEC business; leadership and the role of the AEC IT director; and maximizing IT resources in a challenging economy.
Keynotes, concurrent focus sessions, working group discussions, a luncheon, and a networking cocktail reception will provide ample opportunity for listening, learning, and asking questions of leading IT professionals in the AEC industry. Attendees will discover the latest tools and tactics at work in innovative firms today, and learn strategies for adapting and thriving in tomorrow’s AEC business.
Featured presentations include the following (as of March 6, 2009):
- Building a cost-effective, highly performing virtual AEC IT team, Micki Nelson, vice president and CIO, MWH;
- Value drivers: Information as a blue chip asset, Bradley Horst, AIA NCARB, principal and CIO, Einhorn Yaffee Prescott Architecture & Engineering, and Erin Rae Hoffer, AIA, LEED AP CSI, architect and industry programs manager, Autodesk Inc.;
- WAN optimization: A competitive tool for operating locally and leveraging talent globally, Brandt Karstens, vice president and director of systems, HDR Inc.’s Architecture Company;
- Communicating and delivering IT value in any economy, Ty Kicklighter, CFO, Walter Schoel Engineering Company;
- Managing AEC files across remote sites and project teams, David Pluke, principal, vice president of technology, Ericksen Roed & Associates; and
- Aligning technology and core business strategy, Michael Tardif, Assoc. AIA, CSI, Hon. SDA, director, Integrated Project Delivery Systems, Grunley Construction Company, Inc.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to attend a series of special software solution-oriented presentations offered throughout the event.
The AEC Technology Strategies 2009 Conference is presented by Stagnito Media in association with Structural Engineer and CE News magazines and sponsored by Newforma. For complete event details and confirmed sessions, visit www.aectechstrategies.com or call 800-466-6275.