Dallas — The PVC Pipe Association announced a new mobile app that provides the most current PVC pipe products available meeting both AWWA and ASTM standards. The app is a useful reference tool for consulting, design and utility engineers to ensure that the most appropriate PVC pipes are specified for pipe projects. Included are PVC pipes in sizes from 4-60 inches for water mains (transmission and distribution), gravity sewers (collectors and interceptors), sewer force mains, reclaimed water lines, storm sewers and trenchless applications.
The new app can be helpful in the following areas:
- Provides available size ranges, joining systems and applicable standards for each application
- Allows you to stay up-to-date with the latest standards information
- Provides outside-diameter regimens for pressure pipes
- Includes pressure class and/or pressure rating for various DRs
- Includes cross-section information for sewer pipe
- Provides pipe stiffness values for sewer pipe
Mobile download instructions (for Apple & Android) are available at https://www.uni-bell.org/files/Standardsapp_PVCPA/Standards App Flyer.pdf. It is not available for Blackberry products.
Desktop download instructions are available via iTunes (Apple users) at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pvc-pipe-standards/id1038325713?ls=1&mt=8, and
via Google (Android users) at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kbf.app11843418&hl=en.