BIM Vision is a freeware IFC model viewer. It allows users to view virtual models coming from 3D CAD systems (e.g. Revit, Archicad, Advance, DDS CAD, Tekla, Nemetschek VectorWorks, Bentley, and others) without the commercial licenses of these systems or a particular vendor’s viewer. BIM Vision visualizes the BIM models created in IFC format 2×3. It has many built-in features and is the first viewer with plugin interface.
Bim Vision allows project participants to identify problems and solve them during the design phase. According to Datacomp, BIM Vision allows users to:
- check if a model is correct;
- display several models at the same time (structure, architecture, installations);
- perform fast takeoff;
- view cross sections;
- group, identify, or search items of interest (plugin);
- add a comment for other participants in the process (plugin);
- compare model revisions;
- select the properties of an element (plugin); and
- work when and where you want — in the office, construction site, or while travelling.
More information is available at http://www.bimvision.eu/home.