Exton, Pa. — Bentley Systems announced the availability of the new CivilStorm and StormCAD CONNECT Edition applications for the analysis and design of stormwater networks. The CONNECT Edition provides a unified, common environment that advances productivity, team collaboration, and project performance.
New catchment area delineation dramatically reduces the time it takes to determine runoff characteristics for storm simulations. Image: courtesy of Bentley Systems
Key new capabilities of the CONNECT Edition releases allow users to:
- Reduce model development time by automatically determining catchment areas
- Produce print-ready engineering profiles with improved annotation tables
- Streamline reporting with custom reports that automatically combine graphs, data tables, color-coded and annotated plan views, and more, into a single report
- Augment reports with the ability to record video of simulated results
- Share results and designs easily with team members by publishing i-models to the Personal Share, a CONNECT Edition cloud service
- Increase productivity with simplified workflows and a modern and intuitive user interface
From land development to highway drainage to city-wide analysis and optimized best management practices and designs, CivilStorm and StormCAD provide an easy-to-use environment for engineers to analyze, design, and operate stormwater conveyance systems, using built-in hydraulic and hydrology tools, and a variety of wet-weather analysis methods.
“The CONNECT Edition releases of CivilStorm and StormCAD deliver improved productivity for storm system designers and managers,” said Gregg Herrin, director of product management, Bentley. “In addition to leveraging the personal and project portals on Bentley Cloud Services for a new connected experience, enhancements such as automatic catchment delineation and extended reporting capabilities make it faster than ever for users to evaluate and communicate the performance of their storm systems.”