Farmington Hills, Mich. — The American Concrete Institute (ACI) recognized several professionals, groups, and companies for their outstanding contributions and dedication to ACI and the concrete industry. The 2019 honorees include the induction of Honorary Members, ACI’s highest honor, which recognizes persons of eminence in the field of the Institute’s interest, or one who has performed extraordinary meritorious service to the Institute. The following six individuals are inducted as Honorary Members: Gregory P. Chacos, Uğur Ersoy, Michael C. Forde, Catherine E. French, Robert Douglas Hooton, and Kenneth C. Hover.
View citations at https://www.concrete.org/news/newsdetail.aspx?f=51715544.
ACI also recognized 15 individuals for maintaining their membership and participating in ACI activities for at least five decades. Additionally, ACI honored 13 new Fellows for their outstanding contributions to the production or use of concrete materials, products, and structures in the areas of education, research, development, design, construction, or management.
The following medals and awards recognize exemplary achievement, groundbreaking research, and service to ACI and the concrete industry:
- ARTHUR R. ANDERSON MEDAL – Kimberly E. Kurtis
- ROGER H. CORBETTA CONCRETE CONSTRUCTOR AWARD – Ward R. Malisch
- JOE W. KELLY AWARD – Jack P. Moehle
- HENRY L. KENNEDY AWARD – Wassim Michel Ghannoum
- ALFRED E. LINDAU AWARD – Jose M. Izquierdo-Encarnacion
- HENRY C. TURNER MEDAL – Basile G. Rabbat
- CHARLES S. WHITNEY MEDAL – Sergio M. Alcocer
- CEDRIC WILLSON LIGHTWEIGHT AGGREGATE CONCRETE AWARD – Jeffrey F. Speck
- CONCRETE SUSTAINABILITY AWARD – Julie K. Buffenbarger
- ACI CERTIFICATION AWARD – Werner K. Hellmer, Claude E. Jaycox, Christopher J. Robinson
- ACI STRATEGIC ADVANCEMENT AWARD – Florian G. Barth
- WALTER P. MOORE, JR. FACULTY ACHIEVEMENT AWARD – Ardavan Yazdanbakhsh
- ACI EDUCATION AWARD – Ronald O’Kane
- ACI YOUNG MEMBER AWARD FOR PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENT – Mehdi Bakhshi, Ann Harrer, Karla Kruse Salahshour
- WASON MEDAL FOR MOST MERITORIOUS PAPER – Johan Silfwerbrand
- ACI CONSTRUCTION AWARD – Esteban Camacho Torregrosa, Hugo Coll, Juan Angel Lopez, Juan Navarro-Gregori, Pedro Serna Ros
- WASON MEDAL FOR MATERIALS RESEARCH – Josephine Cheung, Ara A. Jeknavorian, Eric Koehler, Peter Zhou
- CHESTER PAUL SIESS AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN STRUCTURAL RESEARCH – Abdulaziz Alqurashi, Yail Jimmy Kim
- ACI DESIGN AWARD – Christopher Crilly, Mark J. Tamaro, Roberto Stark
- DELMAR L. BLOEM DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD – Wassim Michel Ghannoum, Mahmoud Reda Taha, Lawrence L. Sutter
- CHAPTER ACTIVITIES AWARD – James Bristow, Kristen Freeman, J. Scott Keim, Shri. Chetan R. Raikar
ACI Foundation Awards
- JEAN-CLAUDE ROUMAIN INNOVATION IN CONCRETE AWARD – Lawrence L. Sutter
- ARTHUR J. BOASE AWARD – Long T. Phan
- ROBERT E. PHILLEO AWARD – David Darwin
Learn more about each of the awardees listed above at https://www.concrete.org/aboutaci/honorsandawards.aspx.