Lansing, Michigan – The American Council of Engineering Companies/Michigan (ACEC/M) has announced Steven Gravlin, PE, PS, of Michael Baker International, as its 2019-2020 President.
Steve Gravlin was born and raised in Michigan and is a product of Michigan Lutheran Seminary, University of Michigan, Michigan Technological University and California State University. He grew up working in his father’s survey company and on the family farms in the thumb of Michigan. He is a Vice President of Michael Baker and a partner in the wholly owned subsidiary, Baker and Associates. He is both a professional engineer and a professional surveyor.
Steve is a great supporter of the MDOT/ACEC partnering charter, having been involved in several of the iterations of the charter over the years. He has chaired the ACEC Transportation Committee, co-chaired the MDOT Contracts and Finance Committee and chairs the Promotion, Networking and Recognition Committee of the Board. He has served on the ACEC/M Board of Directors for seven years. He is an avid reader and boater. He loves the outdoors, rooting for Michigan and traveling with his wife, Wendy. They live in Grosse Ile and have two sons, Nick, an MTU Huskie and EMU Eagle, and Alex, an MSU Spartan.
2019-2020 ACEC/Michigan Officers:
- President: Steve Gravlin, PE, PS, Michael Baker International, Detroit
- President-Elect: Jack Wheatley, PE, ROWE PSC, Flint
- Treasurer: Christopher Cook, PE, Abonmarche, Benton Harbor
- National Director: Michael Cooper, PE, Harley Ellis Devereaux, Southfield
- Past-President: Sean Kelley, PE, The Mannik & Smith Group, Inc., Detroit
2019-2020 ACEC/Michigan Directors:
- Rick Chelotti, PE, Bergmann Associates, Inc., Lansing
- Paul Galdes, PE, Fleis & VandenBrink Engineering, Inc., Grand Rapids
- Chuck Gemayel, PE, SME, Plymouth
- Jon Kramer, PE, OHM Advisors, Livonia
- Eric Morris, PE, HNTB Michigan, Inc., East Lansing
- Jayson Nault, PE, Tetra Tech, Brighton
- Ramanujam (Ram), PE, Somat Engineering, Inc. Detroit
- Jeffrey Schumaker, PE, Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc., Grand Rapids
- Oge Udegbunam, Tyme Consulting Engineers, Inc., Livonia
- Michael Weingartz, PE, SmithGroup, Detroit