WASHINGTON, D.C. — Senator Mark Warner will address U.S. infrastructure leaders from the public and private sectors this week at the 2nd Annual North America Strategic Infrastructure Leadership Forum in Washington, D.C., Sept. 29-Oct. 1. Forum sponsor, CG/LA Infrastructure, expects to bring together more than 500 key players involved in infrastructure development and spur the continent’s most important projects. The Leadership Forum provides a project marketplace where key players will discuss the best ways to move forward on a key list of North America’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
“We need to triple our level of investment in infrastructure, and double the efficiency of that investment, over a period of 10 years — if we want to improve our competitive position in the world,” said Norman F. Anderson, president & CEO of CG/LA Infrastructure.
Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro, a vocal supporter of a National Infrastructure Bank, will participate in an Oct. 1 panel discussion on “Financing Future Growth: How Do We Pay For New Projects?”. “The National Infrastructure Bank is a concept which has garnered broad support from governors, mayors, and the business and labor communities, as well as others”, said DeLauro. “For such a bank to succeed, it should function as an independent entity and leverage private dollars to make objective investments in transportation, environmental, energy, and telecommunications projects of regional and national significance."
This year’s Forum will showcase the future of North American infrastructure investment and host key infrastructure players, including:
• Alfredo Elias Ayub, Director General, Federal Electricity Commission, Mexico
• Chris Bertram, Chief Financial Officer, US Department of Transportation
• Joe Boardman, Chief Executive Officer, Amtrak
• Mary Ellen Curto, Executive Director, American High Speed Rail Alliance
• Ronald DeFeo, President & CEO, TEREX
• Regina McElroy, Director, Office of Innovative Program Delivery, Federal Highway
• Thomas Friedman, New York Times Columnist and Pulitzer Prize Winner
• Andres Gluski, EVP & COO, AES
• Karen Hedlund, Chief Counsel, Federal Railroad Administration
• Leo Hindery, Managing Partner, Intermedia Partners
• Jeffrey Lindsey, President & CEO, Alpha Corporation
• Congressman Daniel Lipinski, 3rd District, Illinois
• Will Marshall, President, Progressive Policy Institute
• Theresa W. McMillan, Deputy Administrator, Federal Transit Administration
• Charles Rate, President, SNC-Lavalin O&M
• Mike Riley, Managing Editor, Bloomberg Government
• Senator Mark Warner, VirginiaJohn Woolard, President & CEO, BrightSource Energy
The Leadership Forum’s program includes short, direct project presentations, highlighting 50 of the key projects from the Top 100 list, across 10 distinct infrastructure sectors including: surface transportation, urban mass transit, high-speed rail, ports & logistics, renewable and traditional energy, water and wastewater, and digital infrastructure. Attendees will also participate in private meetings, workshops, special events and will hear keynote presentations on next generation trends, government programs, private incentives and more.
Sponsors of the 2nd Annual North America Strategic Infrastructure Leadership Forum include Marsh, Alpha Corporation; The American High Speed Rail Alliance (AHSRA); Caja Madrid; Comision Federal de Electricidad (CFE); and Madrid Network. For a full list of sponsors and programs, please visit: www.cg-la.com/nalf2.