Hanson Professional Services, Inc.
Kim Sumrak has contributed to a variety of projects, including roadways and hurricane relief. Her broad background includes assessing sanitary and storm sewer manholes and inlets, producing drainage designs, providing cost estimates and serving as a representative at public information meetings. Sumrak is a licensed engineer in Illinois, Iowa, and Kansas. Her efforts to expand her skills and licensing are evidence of her desire to continue her path of excellence in engineering. One of Kim’s most outstanding qualities is her willingness to step up for her Hanson teammates, from earning certifications to mentoring junior staff members and coordinating interns.
- Indiana Department of Transportation State Road 38 – Dayton to U.S. Route 421
- Indiana Department of Transportation U.S. Route 52 – Templeton to Fowler
- Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities’ Glenn Highway Capacity Improvements
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance Program Hurricane Irma Disaster Relief
- San Patricio County Road Improvement Project
- Illinois State Toll Highway Authority Tri-State Tollway Planning, Master plan and Roadway Study (Cermak Road to Balmoral Avenue)
Public/Professional Service: Kansas Society of Professional Engineers member, National Society of Professional Engineers member, American Council of Engineering Companies member
Education: B.S. in Civil Engineering, University of Iowa
See all of the Rising Stars here.