Clifton Park, N.Y. — Ryan Biggs | Clark Davis Engineering & Surveying, a firm specializing in structural and site engineering and surveying services, is now a Design Professional Corporation (D.P.C.). As a D.P.C., as opposed to its previous P.C. (Professional Corporation) ownership structure, a limited number of the company’s officers and directors (less than 25 percent) may be non-licensed professionals.
As a result of the new ownership structure, several key personnel have been named new shareholders:
- Chris Maxon, an Associate, has been with the firm since 1995 and manages the CADD department.
- Ross Shepherd, an Associate and REVIT Designer, has been an integral part of the firm since 1992 and manages IT Operations firm-wide.
- Jill Shorter joined the firm in 2000 and is an Associate and the firm’s Marketing Director overseeing the marketing, communications, and business development efforts of the firm’s three offices.
“Our latest firm evolution from P.C. to D.P.C. is a reflection of our team,” said Jamie Davis, P.E., LEED AP, President. “In addition to having a highly talented staff of engineers and surveyors, we have an amazing support staff that is instrumental to our success as a company. The D.P.C. now opens the door for us to recognize these critical team players as shareholders.”
Three of the firm’s licensed professionals have also been named Shareholders:
- Doug Clark, P.E., LEED AP, Senior Associate;
- Kyle Oberdorf, P.E., a Professional Engineer; and
- Everett Quackenbush, Jr., PLS, Associate/Chief Surveyor.